Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Representative of Christ

We didn't get transferred and real transfers will be on the 5 of Aug so we will just have to wait to see what happens with that. I know that I will be getting a new com at the very least (Elder Pack will be training for his last 2 transfers and probably going to the Island).(The Island is the Mission Home in Florianopolis)


Yesterday was zone conference. The assistants gave a training on desire. They said that many of us do the actions without a true desire and that if we were working with more desire we would be able to get the converts. What we want really depends on the desires of our heart. Prez told us that we were "powerful" and that as a mission we’re ahead of the curve. The prophet is going to change a few things about all the missions because missionaries are going home and falling away from the church. Some missionaries were going through their whole missions without being able to tell whether or not they had the spirit with them when they taught. There were many missionaries that couldn't look to their investigators and say "...these feelings that you're feeling now, these feelings of peace and love that you can feel in your heart at this moment are the feelings of the Holy Ghost. They are testifying to you at this moment that this is true." Some missionaries don't know how to promises someone as a Representatives of Jesus Christ that they will feel the Spirit or bless people with the authority that all priesthood holders hold.

How blessed was I to come here to this mission. How blessed was I the least of all these that I might testify with the power of God knowing that as Christ's Representative that they Will feel the Spirit. When I think of people going home not knowing what they had, I truly feel sorrow in my heart. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer. I know that he died to give me the chance to progress and that through his sacrifice it is possible for me to receive eternal life. I know that the Prophet Joseph Smith was a prophet of God that he received the keys of this priesthood and that he had the right to those keys and I know that through the priesthood, the power of God, I can bless a child and he will be cured. This is my testimony that I give as a Representative of Christ in the name of our savior Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment