Monday, August 17, 2009
This week was awesome. I had my first baptism, Patrica Inacio Barbosa Da Silva. I really can't explain it. The baptism was great. It opened up perfect. Everything was good. My comp and some members gave a spiritual thought and I said a quick prayer to have the spirit with me and it hit me. It really was there. I wish I was better with words so I could explain it. It was like electricity over my whole body. It was way different that I have ever felt it before. They tell you that bringing a soul unto Christ is the happiest thing you will ever do and I believe them. Its amazing.
On another note, no one tells you how sad you feel when you watch some one gain a witness and then start flaking out.
Love you guys,
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Today I had a cheeseburger, strawberry milk, and a banana empanada; but they don't call it that here - its not the same, empanadas are different but I had what we would call an empanada
2. Place where you are living? How do you like the members?
I like the members, there are a lot of people here that don't have a lot of money but they're all really nice.
3. Where do we send mail to? (address)
send mail to the mish home
4. Who is the new companion blessed by your presence? Elder Miquelli
Where from? hicefi (? spelling) Recife
Does he speak English? No,he can read ok (i think) but when I talk to him he has no clue what I'm saying or very little.
5. Have you learned to say any more phrases in Portuguese?
6. Did the package (w/ glue) make it to you before you left? (we prayed
it would!) Did you get any letters before you left last Tues?
7. What pants do you keep ripping? Are you able to mend them? What is
making them rip? Is it your waist getting too big??? ;)
my suit pants and i shure hope so (but I haven't worn a suit since the day I got to the field so maybe I dont need that pair of pants right away)
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Mon, Aug 3rd 2009:
Sounds like everyone is good. Tell the kids that they better do good in school this year and that I love them.
- How was your flight? Good, I got a cookie instead of peanuts if that answers your question.
- What is the mission home like?
Really nice, she is into designing and stuff like that, so it was nice.
- When will you know where you are going?
I'm in Joinville.
- What is Florianopolis like?Pretty but I was only there for like a day . . . the rest of the state looks like north shore of Hawaii.
- What I like best is...
Today it was sunny and we got to play soccer or even better this family we're teaching, Cartarina and Leonelda, they're sweet and are well on there way to the celestial kingdom.
- What I did not like was...
Its rainy here all the time. Some one told me Joinville is on the list for most rainy places on earth.
- The thing I want to do first is... right now I wanna stop emailing you so I can go home and eat.
Please, if you send a package, send my yoyo and if you feel really loving a football and or a frizbee. They use them as teaching tools down here. Oh and one more memory card. I did not think it would take this long for you to send it back to me and I wanna just take a video of me talking again its way more fun than typing. k that's all.
How are things there? How is the economy? How is the family doing? Everyone doing ok?